<!-- --><!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://beta.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25044124?origin\x3dhttp://mellanybutterfly.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://beta.blogger.com/navbar.g?blogID=36048451" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
The One That Got Away

12 September, 2014

Katy sang this song with the lines "But in another life, I would be your girl, we'd keep all our promises, be us against the world."

It's a bittersweet song written by my most favorite pop star of all time. A story of a young love shared by two who promised forever but never really worked-out their happy-ever-after. Katy mentioned MANY can related to this song but for me, many is an understatement.

For someone so dear to tell you "you're the one that got away", it must be a heartbreaking bittersweet statement anyone has ever told. Believe me, I've experienced it first hand. Apparently my happy-ever-after never had any chance at all to come to life but my fair prince was sweet enough to tell me, right before my eyes, just 4 inches away the very lines "you're the one that got away."

So we had this total mix up of him thinking I was single the moment he met me; I holding back because of a failing relationship trying to make it work and him, dreading the return of his long time girlfriend who was at the moment his ex. By the time my relationship reached the pinnacle and came crushing down and me being single, he apparently was back with his girl (probably just a few days after I was single.) Then we had "the talk" and nothing was holding me back to let him know what I felt for him but he got the table on him first, so he said he wasn't single anymore and everything just changed. My hopes were just wrecked like Titanic sinking in an ice cold dark and deep sea.

I thought that was the end of everything. I taught my heart not to care, not to feel and just conceal. It worked a few moments but we both cannot deny how we were still mesmerized by the presence of the other and then there was the "try again" phase.

Here all the adventures started. We got to know each other in a deeper level, a much more personal space like a real love story, a hidden and concealed love story. There were ups, there were downs. There were sweet, there were bitter days. Mostly, there were cute and happy moments.

It felt like loving someone expecting nothing in return. Because of the rarity of the moment, I grab the chance of being with the him and enjoy the time the moment allows us to be together. Times were cherished passionately.

I regret nothing. Even if one day I'll discover it might have been just a game or a lie for him, I don't care (well, atleast for the time being). This chance of a lifetime taught me a lot more lessons I have read in textbooks and journals. This happy bittersweet event is my share to the world of true love. Loving beyond imperfections, flaws and restrictions without having the privilege of being his girl. Loving despite the hurt, loving amidst rejections.

My fair prince, until the the next time our cross-roads meet. I hope you'll sing a few more lines of the song:

"In another life, I would make you stay 
so I don't have to say you were the one that got away. 
The one that got away."

-0-0-0-


Blogged @ 8:53 PM
Don't let me go -