The Great
09 March, 2013
Viewed this movie just a few hours ago! I couldn't get the hype out of my system that's why I just have to write of my amazing realizations from this movie.
Aside from the fact that movies always gives me an hour or two of totally "i-don't-care-what-is-happening-to-the-world" leisure, it gives me random thoughts and emotions too of what is truly feel inside. Segway, I still believe that every movie I watch (because I don't usually go watch movies at random) always have a reason why the Universe made me watch such movie. Now talking about the Great Oz, it sure made me think and realize a lot.
First thought, I love happy endings. Because I know happy endings are always the best, I thought that whenever darkness do come in someone's life, it could only mean one thing------it's not the end of the story. This is one of my personal mantra when I get "all dumped in the mud and could not see the bright side" moments. The end should always be a happy ending and if I do feel the opposite, I tell myself "mel, just go on, it's not the end!" and I am back to trying and winning the world. The Great Oz confirmed this all the more.
Second, the power of believing. Oz never thought he would become the Great Oz but because people believed in the powers (actually, skill) he had, he created wonders and defeated the dark witches. Oz in the long run believed in what he is capable of doing. He had it in him,the zest, the feisty feeling to do great things. He only needed the chance to do so and when he did, all hell break lose. (Or should I say heaven). It's a reflective statement on my end too, that the power of believing could do wonders. I am not great, I am infact a nobody but I have this dream and that dream when made possible could do great wonders. I am at the brink of letting go of such dream, the "bum" life I am having right now makes me wonder whether I should still believe in my dreams. Though my mind tells me I should, there's something in me that I must continue believing. I am hoping to make the greatest change I could leave to the my profession in the hope to elevate the status, education, training and scope of this practice. There's so much more to do, it's a long long way still. I might actually run away from the thought of it someday, but for now I want to continue believing that something is brewing in me. I have this interest, this feisty feeling to do great things. I just wish I will have the chance Oz had and when I do, I want to do great wonders.
Lastly, Oz the Great and Powerful story confirmed another belief I doubted a few times: will pure goodness prevail? I know that goodness is a "safe zone" and that it may also be another scenario of a "normal" life. But I don't want to go with the flow of being "normal" in our society knowing that there is just so much injustice in our country especially for my profession. I have been an unfortunate victim of this "man slaughter" I call several times already but that doesn't make me hate my profession. I love to do what I studied, I just can't fathom the thought that there are opportunistic institutions in our country wasting brilliant people due to "backer system"
Oz the Great and Powerful made me think so many positive thoughts and dreams. I just wish to continue living this dream just like Oz.
Blogged
@ 10:51 PM
Don't let me go -