Random
25 March, 2012
I stand to what this blog has always been - an emotional dump site and so I begin.
I truly am having a hard time finding myself in this "real" world. I have been a graduate for 2 years now and a year as a registered nurse.
Years ago, I dreamt of fulfilling my dreams of being a nurse and earning a lot... You see, I have been brainwashed by my every pushy parents that working as a nurse would mean MONEY. So I believed in that saying as my sister in somewhere out there confirmed the idea.
To be honest, I did try to fulfill my dreams. Right after I got my license to work as a nurse, I applied for a training in one of our local hospitals in the city and luckily, out of the many hundreds who applied, I was one who qualified for the training in preparation for their employment. I did finish the training and was given the chance to work. Unfortunately, I had an unpleasant experience there that have left me to decide to quit, for such unpleasant incident has already affected my work and the way I deal with the people at the work place. I struggled to be exact, to swallow the kind of management they have. Not that I am against it, but I took it too personal that I was having a hard time understanding the chunk of their concerns.
And that lead me to abandon my profession and embrace a rather "other" side of myself. Now I am a "hand-picked" staff in one of the offices of my Alma Matter where my skills in Photoshop, video editing and other "artistic views" are being extracted to be of use. I enjoy the job yes, I do. I get to travel places I know I would never in my life ever visit. I get to meet a lot of important people and enjoy some special food delicacies in every place we visit too. But I am now struggling with the pay...
You see, I am an "underground" staff in that office. I stand instead for the two individuals who were given honorarium to help build such project. I leech on their pays to have my own.
I am not listed as one of the employed staff, so I cannot demand for the pay that I am suppose to be receiving. I juggle with the scanty amount of 1ok since I started 3 and 1/2 months ago.
Now here's the dilemma of it all... If I pursued with nursing, I would have had almost 6 months of working experience in such field. My skills in handling patients and people would have been better. I would have known how to deal with bossy bosses and arrogant heads. I would have found my place in there by now... But I chose to exchange it over with this fun yet unsatisfying job opportunity. Now I have wasted my chance of having that working experience for me to qualify for overseas work as a nurse. Now I drool over my batchmates who are now earning dollars on their own and posting gadgets and visited places in FB while I watch in great dismay and the "what ifs..." that I could just think.
There is indeed money in Nursing, but not here, not in the Philippines. But before I qualify for that position overseas, I need to earn that experience here. What more can I do now? I don't have the money to go on and be fully contented of my job. I have let that opportunity of me to work as a nurse, and here I am still a novice without experience. Hoping that one day, I can build that house out from my earnings... But such dreams are still yet to remain the same for I have chosen a rather comforting zone with little reward. :(
Blogged
@ 10:29 AM
Don't let me go -