Money
21 August, 2008
This post might be too materialistic in it's nature but what can I do? Sometimes I do feel the want and sometimes, need for such things.
One day, I really dream to be able to buy the things I want and need without bothering thinking of 'how much money do I have?' Sometimes, it becomes such a tiring ritual
suppressing the desire to acquire something knowing I only have a few pennies left. I keep on wondering how come other students at the same age of mine or even younger are able to acquire really expensive gadgets and
techy stuffs without having to worry of its money worth. I am not saying I am jealous of the kind of life that they have, but I sure do wish I also have that chance to experience the same. But I think this won't happen if I wont make it happen. My family live in an average lifestyle and sometimes we experience money shortage once in a while. My parents can't afford even to buy me a new phone. I'd have to compensate 50% of the money used to buy my choice of phone and the ending? either the phone will be broken or lost.
Seeing my friends experience luxurious activities and most are fantasies of mine keeps me motivated to really work hard on my responsibility as a student. At this point, the only way I could think of pulling myself from such shortage is to have a really good-paying job. I really, really want to enjoy the things I want for which money can buy, not that this would define my happiness but it would maybe bring me closer to it.
There are so many things I would want to have right now, but I am left with dealing with satisfaction of the things I already have. I am not deprived of my basic needs really, but I never also experienced to have so much.
I admire families who managed to soar really high and attaining wealth more than what they have imagined. I sure do hope I could add up to the archives of their stories one day. I wish,
one day I'll be rich. Conversely, I feels sorry for those who suddenly lost everything they have and lived comfortably with. Dealing with the feeling of close to deprivation is not easy really.
I really want to have these things
one day:
- Good working cellphone with basic features of non-VGA camera, blue tooth, mp3, radio and high memory most preferably samsung.
- Laptop/notebook
- DSLR camera with powerful lenses.
- iPod video nano
- A wardrobe full of diverse collection of clothing, shoes, bags and the like.
- A wide bedroom. (although my room right now is enough. ^_^)
Until that "one day" will happen, I will still continue working, hoping, and dreaming.
Blogged
@ 7:54 AM
Don't let me go -