<!-- --><!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://beta.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25044124?origin\x3dhttp://mellanybutterfly.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://beta.blogger.com/navbar.g?blogID=36048451" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
I just wonder why....God, why?

02 November, 2007

Imagine a photo of a poor malnourished child, most preferably girl, with eyes glaring at you... almost saying, "will you help me?"

I always try to avoid seeing photos of these kinds because I feel ashamed and totally helpless. I get this tight and painful feeling every time I look into the eyes of these very people... It's as if my heart and their heart have this quiet conversation and all I can hear is "help me, help us, please..." and all I could shamefully say is, "I'm sorry."

One time I got totally disturbed over the fact that God is God and why can't HE, as GOD do something for these people? I asked kuya about this... but he said he won't answer . It wasn't a philosophical question as how I labeled it, he said it was an existential one and that I should not let go of such question and confront God with it. I confronted God that night but it turned out, I was too week to digest the whole idea of it for I fell on my knees and just cried, and cried, and cried. I couldn't even talk spontaneously for I had difficulty catching my breath.. But I know with those tears I've shed, God understands my emotions, intentions and doubts. I love God and so I felt ashamed doubting His power. But I couldn't help it. I just felt I had to talk back and question Him. I desperately wanted to know why... as desperate as the depth of emotion I feel hearing the voices of those who cry out of hunger...

God always asks us to do good, to be generous and caring to them, but I really don't know if it's working at all.. I mean, yeah it does, but come to think of it, all the relief goods that we give to these people will only last for a certain span of time. IT WON'T CHANGE THEM! IT WON'T CHANGE THEIR CONDITION! I know the very people who really spend money for the purchase of these relief goods are influential individuals to the society.. why can't they use their influence instead and do something about the situations of the hungry and the poor??? enough with those crappy and purely pathetic excuses people always reason out... THESE PEOPLE SUFFER MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THIS WORLD, Why won't you try to do a favor for them?

I get aggravated over the thought that there are individual who would rather dwell in their haven and cocoons even though they are surrounded with all these frustrating and depressing images of the society. I really pray that one day, they will all wake-up... that they will get off their bed and just do what is right and just!

But I never let go of the question 'why'.... why doesn't God just save them? He knows no limits. He can perform miracles. He is GOD. Why does he let these people suffer? do they really deserve all these pain that He lets them die not even tasting the sweet brush of the brighter side of life? Why, God? Why?....

Blogged @ 9:13 PM
Don't let me go -