it's a wonderful day
10 February, 2007
I woke-up early this morning to edit some pix for DA and prepare myself for NSTP class and to my dismay, I forgot to get my uniform from my cousin coz i left it in their house last week. Even so, I continued on... then arriving in XU, I saw so many lists of the students who garnered high score during the entrance exam of XU and ready for interviews for their scholarship. I remembered some of my classmate had the chance of a scholarship interview which had a conflict schedule with our retreat. Then I realized, today is that anniversary of our retreat!!! haha. I was practically happy jumping and skipping on my way to the assembly area. (nyaha! imagine that!)
well, retreat for me is one of the best things that happened to me during my high school years. It was the time I saw the real side of my friends. Not the competent ones, not the nerd ones, not the serious ones, not even that kalog ones. I've seen them in their most honest and truest selves. I have seen them smile not of bloopers but of the care they see for each other. I have seen them cry not because of failed quizzes or exams but of the love we've shared. The feeling was just too over whelming that it was just through tears we could all explain. For two nighst I stayed there, I realized two particular things. I realized I am blessed and that I am loved. I am blessed because after hearing all the pains and sufferings they've shared, I came to realize my problems are nothing compared to them. As in way nothing compared to them! I could still remember what I shared with fr.xrysz a.k.a my kuya. I told him that I think the degree of the pain I suffered was not suitable for my age nor my level. I said it was too huge and very painful that I found it unfair and unreasonable for me to go through such experience. Then I even thought I will die early and that maybe God's reason is to fast forward my life so that I will experience the same things a person with normal life span would come across. ha! so much for my analogy. I feel I am loved because, during those nights, I had a first hand experience of the most genuine kind of love ---friendship. The retreat served as an ulitmate bonding session for our class and I can say, that retreat is the best retreat I ever had!
Credits:
Thank you to fr.xrysz... if not because of you, our retreat won't be as memorable as now. Your activities for every session really achieved its purpose.
Thank you to ms.A... you made us to what we have become... Beyond the HSyears.. beyond the Ogilvie years...
Thank you my dear classmates... damn! I MISS YOU SO MUCH! I still haven't learned to let go of you guys fully.. but slowly I am trying to.. anyway, in my circle of friends are still Ogilvians so it lessens the pain. The memories are still fresh in my mind. I could still picture out the procedure during the sharing, the scene during the eulogy session, my groupmates during the morning sharing with sir jason & my location when I read my palancas. I could still recall the people who shared their painful experiences that I find grave and intense. You guys made me realize many things and that you made me appreciate my life more. Thank you for awakening me!
Thank you sir jason coz in that retreat, we became close.. much closer than before. Thank you too for bringing medicine to our assigned room when I got a headache and for fetching me from our room when I failed to go to the Viranda to see the boys serenade us (the girls). oh! happy birthday too! (it's already 12:05am here)
Thank you
sa mga lalake sa buhay nga mga babaing ogilvians for the long stem rose. That was the first time I received a long stem rose... and I still have the dried one in my treasure box. Thanks particularly to red (my DS partner) who gave the rose to me.
I miss you guys.. happy anniversary!
Labels: retreat
Blogged
@ 11:04 PM
Don't let me go -