<!-- --><!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://beta.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25044124?origin\x3dhttp://mellanybutterfly.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://beta.blogger.com/navbar.g?blogID=36048451" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
reflect.

18 January, 2007


watching and reading "THE LITTLE PRINCE" once more was so soothing to my soul. Though i may have read it several times but its as if every session brings in a better understanding, a deeper realization and a wider scope of knowledge of friendship, adulthood and of course, love. The movie was so cute! i like the kid who played the Little Prince's role. His image and cuteness reflected almost exactly what i imagined the prince would look like when i first read the book.


lessons in adulthood. When he was six, the author tried to draw a boa constrictor swallowing a whole elephant. (ever wonder why, snakes are known to swallow their prey as a whole with out cutting, breaking or chewing... directly swallowing which takes about 2-4 weeks of full digestion) it was of great dismay to him when he presented his drawing to the adults and on hearing then to say, "that's a hat!"
yes, adults no longer think the same way as kids do. Perhaps, going through all the stages of becoming a full adult, they have forgotten how it is like to be a kid. Matters of consequences, fame, glory, social competition... these are things they have clogged their minds about. For them, these things are that which matters most. Not a flower, not a drawing, not a tear, not a friend, not something that enriches one's heart and soul.

This idea scares me so much. One day, i will have to grow up. One day, matters of consequences will become essential to me. One day, I will prefer social competition over friendship... that would be sad. I will no longer enjoy stealling few moments of my time spending it watching the beautiful sunset but would favor witnessing such picturesque scene over a tv set where I would just lean on my chair after a heavy day of work. I wish not to become an adult. Physically, i may not control it, but i will really try my best to stay as a kid, as long as i can. In fact, I envy becoming an adult. There are so many things I have to give up. One example is playing----sports. I no longer have time to play my favorite sports. Academic demands, social responsibilities, I have busied myself with these! But though at times when i do have time, no one wants to play with me. They have also busied themselves with matters of consequences! and because i am a girl, its so rare to find someone like me to play with. Girls at my age don't play catch anymore, they don't play tag, they don't play basketball nor tennis nor badminton... They play with their hearts and I don't.


*more reflections soon*

grrr... busy..

Blogged @ 9:59 AM
Don't let me go -