In as much as I want to write (edited version)
30 October, 2006
*sigh* almost made it to the dean's list. tisk. lacking .2 (point two) lang.. haaayzzz... but it's awkey... i didn't ask for it anyway. mwah!
***************************************
it's been 2 weeks since i've started turning the pages of the philosophically written "Sophie's World", and yet, I am not done reading it.
Nevertheless, I am glad i've started reading it. it's an introductory book about philosophy with a somewhat course history of the greatest philosophers of all time (even some scientist, i never knew were philosophers!)
the whole thing circles on philosophy, it's history, background, evolution and how people have compensated with their curiousity thoughout ages resulting to open up various feilds and ideas that gradually became the foundation of Science.
Sophie Amudsun Amudsen :
- The girl who constantly receives post cards from Hilde's Dad (that is sent to her mysteriously) and some written papers about philosophy
form from Alberto Knox - She's such an attentive student. No, not in school calss, in philosophy class. In every after reading sessions, there's always a thought that pops in her head, even at point of talking to her mom beyond what is expected of her to blap about.
Alberto Know Knox :
- I'm not quite sure if he's the brother of the owner of the cabin across the river or he's the fatehr of Hilde or even Sophie! at this point, it's still a mystery.
- A determined philosophy teacher. Brilliant and wise. he's also like rat. He's got tons of vintage collection even from pre-socratic period!
- he's responsible for Sophie's private study of philosophy.
Hilde Moller Knag :
- The mysterious daughter of someone from Lebanon. I suspect she is the daughter of Alberto.
Hilde's Dad Albert Knag :
- The one who intentionally "mistakes" the sending of post cards to Sophie and always leaves a thought/ question for Sophie to ponder the whole day.
In General :
I think the character of Alberto Knox is foolinf the readers. The post cards of Hilde's Dad that are delivered by morning seem to be coherent to the lessons he teachers Sophie before sundown. Yet he insists that he has no connection whatsoever with Hilde's Dad. But one time, he slipped and called Sophie, Hilde. (actually twice) hmmmmm.... I still have to know why. Eeeeerrr!! so mysterious book! Eager to read it. Eeeeeekkkk!! and so far i'm still in the middle and I've been eying on it for 2 friggin weeks! :P
that's all for now.
well, atleast my post now is making some sense. bwaaaaahaha! ^_^
Blogged
@ 4:51 PM
Don't let me go -